RenderThrottle is a time-saving preset manager add-on for Daz Studio.
Stop wasting time doing test renders with high-quality settings. Avoid having to spend time tuning parameters for that print quality high-res render. With RenderThrottle3Delight you can quickly and easily switch between render presets with the click of a button.
RenderThrottle3Delight is also more than just a Render preset manager as it also can drive critical quality controls on UberEnvironmnent lights.
RenderThrottle provides 4 customizable, and sharable render quality presets. The RenderThrottle options interface gives you control over what settings the given preset will affect. RenderThrottle can be made to only drive global render options, UberEnvironment specific options or both.
Stop wasting time--Get the most out of Iray, and start rendering with RenderThrottle for Iray!
After running the Daz installer, you should have a Scripts/RenderThrottleIray folder in your Content Manager:
You can use the presets here, but installing Custom Actions allows you to have easy access to RenderThrottle.
- Double-click !RenderThrottleIray Install Actions Script
- You will see new icons in the Render menu and Main ToolBar.
There are two types of RenderThrottle Presets; Interactive and Render
- Interactive Presets will start Iray in the active Viewport
- Render Presets will stop Iray in the active viewport (if running) and launch a Render.
When applying a RenderThrottle Preset, 3 things happen:
- A corresponding RenderThrottle file is loaded which updates various DrawSettings
- A corresponding RenderSettings Preset is loaded (These presets are found in Scripts/RenderThrottleIray/Render Presets)
- The Interactive or offline render is started
- Interactive Lo
- Most responsive Viewport rendering (low Max Samples; Interactive Mode).
- Interactive Lo
- Medium quality Viewport rendering.
- Interactive Hi
- Hi quality Viewport rendering.
- Render Lo
- Lo quality render.
- Render Med
- Medium quality render (close to DS defaults).
- Render Hi
- Final quality renders.
- Restore default Render Settings; cancel any interactive render.
So what exactly is RenderThrottle changing?
|Preset||Draw Settings||Render Settings|
|Draw Mode||Manipulation Resolution||Max Ray Bounces||Max Reflection Bounces||Max Refraction Bounces||Path Space Filtering||Max Samples||Max Time||Rendering Converged Ratio||Max Path Length|
RenderThrottleIray allows you to create your own presets (If you are comfortable saving RenderSettings presets and editing text (json) files).
The presets in the Render Presets directory are NOT encrypted and can be read/edited as plain text so you can see what they do.
Note: You will have to re-install the product to get back to factory defaults (unless you make a copy before making changes). Be careful as you make customizations.
As an example, you can download, an alternative "RenderThrottle Reset" preset that only stops the render--no RenderSettings or DrawSettings preset applied.
You can change the RenderSettings applied by updating the corresponding .duf file. For example, if you want to customize the "RenderThrottle Render Hi" RenderSettings, you can save a RenderSettings preset over the file at Scripts/RenderThrottleIray/Render Presets/RenderThrottle Render Hi.duf. When you then invoke "RenderThrottle RHi" from the Render Menu or Toolbar, this preset will be applied.
The DrawSettings presets are the .json files in the Render Presets directory and are simple Parameter Name, Parameter Value pairs and can be edited in order to make customizations.
- In order for the Interactive Presets to work, Daz Studio requires that the DrawSettings pane be visible. If it is not part of your favorite layout, you may want to include DrawSettings so the Pane does not pop-up when using the presets.
- When using the Reset preset during an active render, the application may take a minute to cancel the render (This is also the case when done without RenderThrottle).
- Don't use all the actions or what to move them? Use F3 to customize.
Daz Studio 4.9+
I used some of the scripting examples as a launch point:
Install actions does not work
RT is a plugin and as such needs to be installed for each version of DS that you are running
If the install runs successfully and the RT actions appear in the Render menu, make sure you toolbar is not hidden: