RenderThrottleIray is a render optimization preset manager add-on for Iray in DAZ Studio. RenderThrottleIray lets you quickly switch between responsive interactive viewport renders, and final quality offline rendering with a single click.
After running the Daz installer, you should have a Scripts/RenderThrottleIray folder in your Content Manager:
You can use the presets here, but installing Custom Actions allows you to have easy access to RenderThrottle.
- Double-click !RenderThrottleIray Install Actions Script
- You will see new icons in the Render menu and Main ToolBar.
There are two types of RenderThrottle Presets; Interactive and Render - Interactive Presets will start Iray in the active Viewport - Render Presets will stop Iray in the active viewport (if running) and launch a Render.
When applying a RenderThrottle Preset, 3 things happen:
- A corresponding RenderThrottle file is loaded which updates various DrawSettings
- A corresponding RenderSettings Preset is loaded (These presets are found in Scripts/RenderThrottleIray/Render Presets)
- The Interactive or offline render is started
- Interactive Lo
- Most responsive Viewport rendering.
- Interactive Hi
- Hi quality Viewport rendering.
- Render Lo
- Lo quality render (close to DS defaults).
- Render Hi
- Final quality renders.